My delicious raw brownie bites are vegan, gluten free, and refined sugar free. Best of all, its all made in the bowl of your food processor!
These raw brownie bites keep well in the fridge for a week, and can be stored longer in the freezer. I like to have theses and my other bites recipes on hand for quick snacks or on the go energy food. They come in handy when I need a quick boost of energy to get me to lunch or dinner.
These brownie bites also taste amaaazzing with morning coffee! And the thing about these little brownies is that because they are filled with healthy fats and natural sweetness from the date fruit, you don’t have to feel guilty for devouring them. They are actually GOOD for you! So let’s make these little brownie bite beauties.
One of the best things about this brownie bites recipe is that it is so adaptable.
Don’t have almond flour on hand? Try Coconut flour. Don’t like chocolate (although I doubt there are many that don’t :))? Use another powdered fruit such as red raspberry powder. Or for a healthier spin, try using beet powder or in place of the cocoa.
You can also add in a bunch of different powders and nuts for variations in flavor. These brownie bites are fun to experiment with!
- Don’t want to use cacao? Try 4 tbsp maca powder for a superfood boost
- Don’t have walnuts on hand? Try a handful of almonds or pecans instead
- Don’t want to use maple syrup? Add 2 tbsp coconut oil instead for binding
- If you don’t have dates, try using more maple syrup (you will need to add more coconut flour if you do this)
Add in ideas:
- Beet Powder (I’d use about 2 tbsp, more will give a bitter taste)
- Matcha Green Tea Powder (this would taste great without the cacao powder added.)
- Dried Cranberries (2 – 3 tbsp)
For more raw bites recipes
For even more dessertsPrint
Scrumptious and healthy, these raw brownie bites are a healthy eaters sweet cravings dream come true! With only 5 ingredients, these brownies are quick and easy to make. And by using just the bowl of your food processor, they are also breeze to clean up!
1 cup almond flour + more for rolling
6 pitted medjool dates
2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1/3 cup raw walnuts
1/3 cup cacao powder + more for rolling
- 2 tablespoons maca powder
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 2 tablespoons freeze dried strawberries or raspberries
- In the bowl of your food processor, add dates and maple syrup and process to a chunky consistency.
- Add in the rest of your ingredients, including add-ins if you are using them and process until a thick dough forms. It’s okay if a few small chunks of walnuts remain, this will give a little crunch to the brownie bites.
- Take out 2 tablespoons of the dough at a time and form into balls. Roll each ball in almond flour or cocoa powder to coat. Place on a parchment line container.
- Refrigerate for about an hour to firm up slightly before eating. Enjoy these brownie bites themselves or with your morning coffee!
- Raw brownie bites will keep fresh in the fridge for about a week. Freeze for longer storage.