Fresh Ginger and fresh Bay leaf meld to form the ultimate sophisticated drink.
juice of 1/2 lime
1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger
2 fresh bay leaves*
3 tbsp organic cane sugar**
Sparkling water (I use S. Pellegrino)
1 oz good quality vodka
- To a shaker, add sugar, lime, and fresh bay leaf. Muddle to release the bay leaf aromas.
- Add plenty of ice and the vodka or spirit of choice.
- Shake well and fill about 1/3 to 1/2 of individual glass.
- Top with sparkling water.
- Enjoy! If making ahead of time, the mix (without the added sparkling water) can be kept in the fridge for a day or two.
*Bay leaf MUST be fresh. Dried bay leaf will not work here.
**If avoiding pure sugar, honey can be substituted. But this will slightly alter taste.